Eclipse RCP: What to do when things don’t work on your colleague’s machine
I have compiled a list of potential pitfalls, that one might step in when executing code on another system:
- Check your IDs
- Check them again
- Does your product contain all nessesary Plugins/Features
- Does your run-configuration (the one generated by selecting Run on your product) contain all your plugins? Did you press Add required plugins
- If you use features, check them! Are all plugins present?
- Help system: If your help system does not show: Double check that the Plugin-Editor did not swallow your context definitions. They are often gone if I simply open the editor. Topics do not disappear…
- Check if all help system dependencies are present in your run-configuration. Start by adding all *help*-plugins, continue with *jetty* and *servlet*. Then press Add required plugins. That should do the trick.
If you know of any other helpful tricks, please let me know!